Monday, December 20, 2010

With A Little Help From My Friends

It's been truly humbling to receive the support that I have over the past month and a half.  I've received cards and notes and messages all containing wonderful words to help me through my days.

This came to me today from a high school friend Allison and I asked her if I could share it here.  (Notice I didn't call either of us old?)  It covered me like a blanket - I particularly like the ending!!!  Thanks A...


A Hoofer's Day

Pick up the beat, join in the dance
Pick up my feet, taking my chance
Just working my way though the rhythm of the day
Counting my steps to the next moment
Keeping the time for the time,
Being.

Tapping through life, finding my way,
Twirling and spinning, getting through the day
Sweating in the spotlight
Ball change, keep my balance,
Steady.

Spotlight widens, line is forming
Solo ending, bring in the chorus
Arms linked, in love and support,
Standing.

(Applause)

No comments: