Friday, December 17, 2010

Crept up on me

Yesterday had an interesting, boring, finish...

You see, yesterday Dr. Rubin talked to me about all these side effects I was feeling - heart palpitations, exhaustion walking up the stairs, need to close my eyes, etc.  I guess it's because I've never actually experienced 'fatigue' but I didn't put the name on it.  I just kept doing and pushing and feeling these things. Well, yesterday after my appt with him and a few hours of work, I had to just lay down.  A few hours later I pushed the vacuum and the pain in my back was terrible!  So, back to resting again!  Something so unusual and rare for me, but necessary.  I awoke this morning feeling good again.

This is the hardest part for me.  I'm an unusually healthy person other than this cancer thing, so the thought that my body can't do what it always did is new to me.  I'm trying to know when I need to rest in order to be successful for the balance of the day.  Today is an example.  It takes me longer to get moving in the morning now, so coffee and the Journal gets some more time.  I've actually been eating breakfast!  I worked for about 3 hours and realized I was yawning way too much, so I layed down for an hour.  And here I am!  Feeling good again... for now.

1 comment:

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Reading your body signals is the smartest thing you can do. <3 Just breath in and out...