Thursday, December 23, 2010

Not just another day at the office

Had my meeting with Dr. Rubin this morning and got a good report on my wbc counts - 11,000!!!! Let's recap - I started out at 6,000, dropped to 900 last week and now up to 11,000.  Normal is between 4 and 10 thousand.  That's really good news!  This means I can see my family this weekend without feeling too nervous about getting sick and it also means I'm pretty sure I'll get my 2nd Chemo treatment on time and on schedule next week.  The sooner we get this over with, the better.

Afterward, Bob and I went to the office.  Lot's going on here too - Bob has pressured our landlord to replace a wall and carpeting that could have mold and mildew in it.  Wall replaced last weekend, carpet replaced tomorrow.  So we have to clear out a good portion of the office to get ready for them.  Soon, we'll be leaving for our office holiday luncheon and then we'll call it a day and the start of a long weekend. 

Me - I'm happy as a clam right now....

3 comments:

mintzgirl3 said...

Great news. Hope you have an amazing weekend with your family. You so deserve it. Dana

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were about normal, whether the count is wbc's or red grapes! Keep on keepin on Mare! Allison

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Dare I speculate that the buffalo dip had something to do with it? ROTFL!!!!!