Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home again

Went to see Dr. Rubin, my incredibly talented Oncologist! (I know he and his mother are reading this!!!) Seriously, I think he's great - so, if you ever need a good Oncologist.... (said in my best yiddish accent!!) Oy vey!

Anyway, the news is white blood cell (wbc) count dropped dramatically to 900 or .9.  As a point of reference, before I had chemo last week, they were 6,000 or 6.0.  Right now, they didn't have the results that breaks down the different types of wbc's yet.  They will let me know those numbers when they are available.  With this low a wbc count, it makes me very susceptible to infection.  A condition called Neutropenia.  No big crowds, no mall shopping, no holiday craziness for me! 

Bob took one look at me and said "You are going home!" So - here we are.  I'm setting up to work from home more often then I thought we'd need to.  Currently we are sitting at the dining room table with our laptops, cell phones, etc.  I'll get office phones and other stuff more organized soon.  There are a few pluses to being home - I actually cooked dinner last night!  I can't remember the last time I cooked on a Wednesday... still thinking...

Better get to work.

2 comments:

mintzgirl3 said...

Mary, a low count this time doesn't mean it will be low next time! That's the good news from elsewhere in Lagrangeville!

Unknown said...

I hope the low wbc isn't taking too much of your famous energy ; ) I am happy your working from home.....staying away from all those pesky germs lol xoxo