Thursday, January 13, 2011

No set backs

It's been awhile since I sat down to update my blog.... a few reasons for that.  First and foremost, its been a pretty uneventful week!  I'd like to say I've been feeling pretty 'stable' lately.  Nothing really new to report on the health front - a little tired from time to time and still bald, darn...

We had a snow day yesterday - again.  Bob thought I was crazy when I said 'let's go to the office'!  Normally, we would welcome the day at home.  But for me, I'll be home the week after next for the whole week and really didn't relish the thought of being home during the storm.  So, off we went - have I mentioned that I love my snow tires?  I'm a believer, but that's a topic for another time.

Once we got there, reality set in pretty quickly.  I was so tired, I was non-functional.  I had a day like this last week too.  At this point, I was stuck at the office ... Bob was booked back to back.  There was no one else in the office (or even the whole building) so I took advantage and gave my head a break and whipped off the wig.  There are days I am finding wearing the wig 'annoying' - to sum up the feeling.  Not long after, I manuevered myself into the tiny server room and layed down on the floor.  I probably should have mentioned to Bob that I was laying down... you could imagine his surprise when he came in to get lunch and he found me passed out on the floor!  Not really 'passed out', but you know what I mean.  Needless to say, 3 hours later, I was back at my desk ready... ready to go home!  A quick dinner from the 'gift of meat' and I was snoozing on the sofa by 6:30... followed by a full night sleep.   

What's the difference? As I've mentioned before, I don't sleep well after I dance on a Tuesday night.  This was no exception.  In fact, as tired as I felt when I got home, I was not sleeping a solid hour at a time.  Rough night leaving me with a rough day.  I have to figure out how to manage it better because I'm not willing to change my dance schedule!  I have an idea for next week - we'll see how it goes.

No comments: