Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cumulative

I did make it to the show at Vassar After Hours and Bob was terrific!  He was relaxed and totally enjoyed himself which meant his audience was right there with him... it was a great experience to share with the kids too.  Sarah stuck with Bob and was his roadie for the night and Alex cared for the sick and brought me in and out.  We are 2 lucky parents.

Sunday found me still out of it and sleeping alot.  The kids all headed back to their respective '2nd homes' and Bob brought me to acupuncture.  Yes, I slept on my way there and on my way back!

Cumulative effects - they say it's supposed to happen this way.  I was definitely set back longer this time.  Yesterday was a better day, with a short nap in the afternoon.  While I am not feeling the foggy-headedness that I did the first time through, its the fatigue that's getting me this time.  (and the nausea) The walk upstairs to grab stuff out of the bedroom forces me to sit and rest before I can move on to the next task.  My heart palpitates and my chest feels heavy. That's the sign.

My whole body is also drying out - I have more and more wrinkles when I look in the mirror.  It's tough to take a look at yourself this way - no hair, blah skin color, wrinkling.  I really don't know what to do about it but to just let it happen.  I don't have the energy to fight it right now and if I did, I don't think it would change anything anyway.  I'm just doing the best with what I have.  Maybe I'll have a better outlook by the end of the week.

No dance tonight - I'm choosing to stay home to avoid catching anything from the kids.  That's in itself is out of the ordinary for me.  Even when I'm feeling the worst, a night at dance always picks me up.  We were snowed out last week, but had a great facebook chat with the Workshop group.

I have blood work scheduled for tomorrow to see what my wbc is.  I'm hoping for my big upswing this week and feeling back to myself.  I've had enough of feeling this way...

1 comment:

Wendy S Marcus said...

Fingers crossed for the upswing!
Thinking of you!