Monday, March 28, 2011

Flick a switch

We finally all pile into the car and head down to Manhattan.  I'm already wiped out, but have every intention of going through with my master plan - rest, show, sleep. 

We pull up to the Marquis for what we thought would be valet parking and the lot is full!! Disappointing when trying to fulfill my master plan.  I haven't used it much, but when I trudged and waddled my way up to the desk to talk to the gentleman sitting there, I played the Cancer card.  Yup, I did.  And, lo and behold, there was a space available!  (It won't be the last time I use it!)

If you've never stayed at the Marquis, let's just say it's an enormous hotel in the middle of Time Square.  It felt like I had to walk a mile to get to the huge bank of elevators that seem to take forever to appear to just to take us to the 8th floor to check in.  Still more walking and waiting before we can make it to our room and I'm SOOOOO ready for the 'rest' portion of our night.  It certainly was not enough.

Before we knew it, we had to head down to Juniors to meet Laura and Halley for dinner.  I chose Juniors for 2 reasons - it was right next door and it has great Matzoh Ball Soup.  It was a long wait for dinner but it was worth it.

I forgot to mention that it was also Night of 1000 Gowns in the ballroom that night.  What's that you ask?? It's a drag charity event that will be televised on Bravo.  Here's Bob and I going down the elevator with a 7 foot tall 'woman' with fabulous heels and 3 inch long eyelashes!   Bob just couldn't resist....

Bob and the Girls!!!
 Off to the show.  Wonderland.  A modern day take on the classic story.  It was very well done with some great characters and songs.  I think both Halley and I liked Maddie Hatter the most - the bad girl with legs a mile long and a voice that would knock you out.  Or maybe it was the 8 girls that served as the caterpillar's legs - so cool and sexy.  No wait!  I nearly forgot the 'boy band' that backed up the White Night!!! I DID NOT STOP LAUGHING!!   Overall a great show!  Even though I sat in my seat all night just trying to hold it together, I was able to flick my switch and stand for the cast as they took their bows!!  Worth the effort!

I escaped to my room to prepare for a not-so-good night sleep and had Bob, Laura and Halley head to Time Square.  We needed to get a picture for posterity!

Laura, Bob and Halley on the Red Steps

Breakfast and we were out .... I had acupuncture and didn't want to miss.  It was the last effort of my day... I burned the candle at both ends and now was shot for the night.  I took all the meds (new and old) and settled down to rest.  I even took a long bath late at night and it seemed to help me sleep soundly.  A good solid 5 hours - I'll take it!

1 comment:

RitterBlog said...

Wow, they used my review on the shows sitehttp://wonderlandonbroadway.com/audience-reviews.html