Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bwayfans are Broadway Bound!!

Psyching myself up for an unexpected day in the city.

I ordered tickets to a show I wanted to see way back in October when I first heard it was coming out.  You guessed it - before I knew I had Cancer and all that it would take out of me. 

It's the Saturday after chemo treatment.  Usually I am laying around not doing much all day... resting, sleeping, you know the drill.  The same will happen today but with a few different twists.  I purposely stayed in bed longer than normal.  We'll drive down to pick up Laura and Halley (our dates today!) early in the afternoon and head down.  The show is at the Marquis Theatre so I booked rooms at the Marquis so I can rest before the show and go to bed immediately after.  We are planning dinner at the low-key Juniors right next door and breakfast in the hotel and straight home afterward.  Not a lot of walking for me today or tomorrow. 

I am a sucker for a Broadway show. We are seeing 'Wonderland'.  Here's some of the reviews:  http://www.wonderlandonbroadway.com/audience-reviews.html

I have a reason to see this... I want to create an Alice ballet for the recital at Yanarella.  I generally like to mix all types of music together to get our own story to tell and this show has perfect timing.  Laura creates my set so this is a good way for us to get the creative juices flowing!

I'm tired, yes, but excited to see and experience the day with 3 of my favorite people! 

1 comment:

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Can't wait to hear all about it-hope you're feeling okay after the trip. (((hugs))))