Monday, September 26, 2011

Moving on

Doctor appointment tomorrow - plastic surgeon.  It's just a regular check up, but I'm hoping we can start talking about planning for the next surgery.  It will be a relief to get the permanent implants in place.

What am I relieving?  I don't really know.  The doctor can't tell me they'll feel any better than the ones I have now, but I'm hoping that's the case.  Hoping they'll feel a little more natural, softer.  That's the physical aspect of it.  Maybe the relief I seek is to close this chapter and move on. 

Moving on, what is that?  Do I forget about what's happened to me over the past 10 months?  10 months - that seems like such a short amount of time.  It's not even a year yet!  It's hard to explain how it feels - in some ways things are still so fresh, but in others it feels like a distant memory. 

No, I'll never forget.  The memory will soften as the time grows longer but it will never go away.  I don't want it to.

1 comment:

Lisa Buglione said...

Before you know it your final surgery will be over and you will be able to write the final chapter on your past 10 months. You are a fighter Mary! I am so glad you are still doing this blog! Lisa